livevsgames.com respects the intellectual property of others.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
Media Group will respond to allegations of copyright violations in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). The DMCA provides a process for a copyright owner to give notification to an online service provider concerning alleged copyright infringement. When a valid DMCA notification is received, the service provider responds under this process by taking down the offending content. On taking down content under the DMCA, we will take reasonable steps to contact the owner of the removed content so that a counter-notification may be filed. On receiving a valid counter-notification, we generally restore the content in question, unless we receive notice from the notification provider that a legal action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in the infringing activity.
* A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
* Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed
* Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address
* A statement that the complaining party “in good faith believes that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law”
* A statement that the “information in the notification is accurate”, and “under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”
The above information must be submitted as a written, faxed or emailed notification to the following Designated Agent:
Attn: DMCA Office
Sign the paper
Please note: The DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys fees) if you falsely claim that an in-world item is infringing your copyrights. We recommend contacting an attorney if you are unsure whether an in-world object is protected by copyright laws.
TO FILE A COUNTER-NOTIFICATION :
1. List the in-world items that were removed by the Second Life administrators, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed. Please identify the object in sufficient detail, and when possible, the UUID.
2. Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available).
3. State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to us of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
4. State the following: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
5. Sign the paper.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at livevsgames.com Media Group:
livevsgames.com Media Group Inc.
Attn: Designated Copyright Agent
Contact Us Legal: livevsgames.com/contact-us
Alternatively, fax the document to (415)520-9660. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA COUNTER-NOTIFICATION
How do I make a DMCA notification or counter-notification?
Please follow the instructions above precisely, including only the enumerated information. Inclusion of any information beyond the specifically required information and optional information listed above could significantly impede review of your attempted notification. You may find it simplest to cut-and-paste the numbered items above and use them as headings for the information you are submitting.
How does livevsgames.com Media Group determine who “wins” and “loses”?
livevsgames.com Media Group does not adjudicate the substance of the copyright claim: we do not declare winners and losers. Your copyright in an item is determined in the real world, by real-world processes including the DMCA. The DMCA process allows users of an online service to resolve copyright disputes using the adjudication systems available in the real world.
Can I submit my notices over email?
Unfortunately, email addresses posted on public website pages quickly become the target of spam, making it difficult to review legitimate communications. Please submit information as requested above; if digital files are necessary to identify materials in question, we can make arrangements for digital delivery.
I don’t agree with the required statements. Do I have to state these things?
We will not accept notices under the DMCA that do not include the statements required by the DMCA.
Can you change the DMCA process?
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act is federal law, passed by the United States Congress. Nidhi IT does not have the power to change congressional acts.
Do you terminate accounts based on DMCA claims?
If livevsgames.com Media Group believes that a user of livevsgames.com is continually abusing the DMCA process, either with filings that appear to be without basis, or by continually re-posting content that is the subject of valid DMCA notifications, we may exercise our right to terminate the abusing party’s account. Keep in mind though, that Linden Lab’s actions still do not determine the substantive outcome of copyright disputes. Copyright matters are real-world rights, governed by real-world systems.